Imam Khomeini’s (ra) 16 Steps to Self Perfection:
1. Perform the five daily prayers on time, and definitely (try to) perform Qiyam al-Layl.
2. Fast on Mondays and Thursdays as much as you can.
3. Decrease your sleeping hours, and instead dedicate your time to reading more Qur’an.
4. Make sure to fulfill your promises and oaths. (Give great importance to keeping your promises.)
5. Help the poor and needy.
6. Refrain from tohmat/gheebah (backbiting or gossip).
7. Do not take part in/throw lavish parties
8. Wear simple clothes.
9. Don’t speak too much, and say more du’a instead.
11. Read more.
12. Learn technical sciences (like computer science etc.)
13. Learn Arabic and tajweed, and be knowledgeable in anything relating those areas of knowledge.
14. Forget about all the good you’ve done, and reflect on your past sins.
15. In terms of materialistic possessions, compare yourself to a poor person, and in terms of spirituality, compare yourself to Awliya Allah.
16. Be up-to-date on current affairs and umur-ul-muslimeen (any events relating to the Muslim World).
- zezeinwonderland likes this
- phoenixandfire likes this
- Show more notes